Background

How to make a blog background - Pimp your blog Part I

Paper texture for a blog.


http://mckayhead.blogspot.com/2010/11/creating-business-card-using-inkscape.htmlNow that I am getting somewhat serious about blogging, I figure I might as well have a blog that looks somewhat decent. The background sets the tone for your entire blog, so this is my first step.

The look I am trying to go for is kind of a geeky designer look.  I have kind of been liking the grunge look recently and think I want to go for something similar to what I did with the business card tutorial



Step 1: Get your texture

I am going to use a paper texture.  I will be setting this up in Inkscape and use this for the basis of my blog.



The texture is good by itself but I want to dilute it a bit. Create a separate layer to create an overlay.


I used a tan color then put the layer blend mode to screen.

Create another overlay that is black. Add a radial gradient. Blur it a bit.

That is it. A nice paper texture background for the blog!

Paper texture for a blog.

About McKay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.